Catechists are living examples of faith in our community who share their time and talent to teach and inspire children, teens, and adults to build relationships with Jesus. Catechesis is a work of love and peace and brings the light of Jesus Christ to the hearts of the faithful.
Catechesis comprises six fundamental tasks:
- Knowledge of the Faith
- Moral Formation in Jesus Christ
- Liturgical Education and Understanding of Sacraments
- Teaching Christians how to pray
- Education for community life and full participation in the life and mission of the Church
- Promotes a missionary spirit that prepares the faithful to be present as Christians in society
Catechists should live an active sacramental life. If married, they need to be married in the Catholic Church.
Join our team!
If interested in learning more about Catechist Certification, please get in touch with Mike Raymer, Director of Youth Ministry and Faith Formation in the parish office at (502) 448-2122, Ext 231